Linux Users' Group of Davis
Call for Speakers
(View the long version)
The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD)
is a 501(c)7 not-for-profit whose goals are to advocate and educate
the local community on the subjects of Linux and Free/Open-Source Software.
We hold regular meetings, installfests, demos, classes and exhibits,
and maintain minutes, photos and presentation slides from our previous
LUGOD is made up of a diverse membership, including those from
UC Davis, and many non-university community members from Davis, Sacramento, and the
surrounding communities. Members are active on our various
mailing lists, and we keep in touch with other local user groups.
What to Expect at a Meeting
- Attendance: Between 10 and 80 members, depending on the topic and time of year
- Location: Typically at the
Davis Public Library
- Audio/Visual: Projector and projection screen.
Also available upon request: limited Internet access, television/VCR,
Linux-based PC or laptop
How to Arrange
LUGOD meets on the
of each month from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
See "Upcoming Meetings"
for the current schedule, then contact either
email@example.com or your existing
LUGOD contact point to propose your presentation.
- Your name, organization or project,
your position, and biographical info.
- A short title for your talk
- A summary blurb, describing your talk
- The technical level of your talk
(See our 'geek-o-meter
page' for an idea of the ratings we normally use.)
- What will you need from us? (A projector is assumed. Will you need
a computer? Internet access? A television?)
Anything Else? If you have any other questions or comments,
first check the long version of this document.
Then, feel free to let us know when we arrange your visit.
Thank you for your interest in speaking at LUGOD!
Return to the LUGOD website