Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2008.04.21 Meeting Notes"
2008.04.21 Meeting Notes
Davis Public Library
- Demo — No news.
- Installfests — The last Installfest was
Sunday, April 13th. No details were provided about that event, and
the next Installfest has not been scheduled.
Installfest are now be held at the 'Zinfandel Lounge'
at the Experimental College, in the South Silo building at UC Davis.
Visit www.lugod.org/if to RSVP.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the 'vox-if' mailing list for more
information, or if you'd like to volunteer for future IFs.
- LERT — No LERT calls since last meeting.
As usual, send email to email@example.com if you need emergency Linux help.
- Library — No news. Book donation still pending.
- Picn*x XVII - This year's regional Linux anniversary picnic and BBQ
in has been scheduled for August 9th. It will likely take place once
again at Baylands Park in Sunnyvale. Visit www.linuxpicnic.org for more.
- Yolo County Child Development Conference - Bill Kendrick has created
some new handouts for LUGOD's table at YCCDC this Saturday (April 26th).
Henry House has ordered a new sign (see below), and will copy the handout
materials. Four people have offered to staff the table so far:
Bill Kendrick, Alex Mandel, Jessica and Nick Schmalenberger.
Chris Horsting took some blank CDs and sleeves from LUGOD, and will
burn some discs to give away at the event. If you'd like to volunteer,
post a message to LUGOD's 'vox-outreach' mailing list.
- Reminder Scripts - Nick Schmalenberger has created some Perl
scripts to send reminders to officers, to reserve the meeting room at
the library, exactly 3 months in advance of meetings.
- Officer Elections - Nominations for officers ended at this meeting.
Nick Schmalenberger was nominated for typescript (secretary),
Henry House was nominated for /dev/null (treasurer), and
Bill Kendrick was nominated for root (president). Noone was nominated
for sys (vice president). Running unopposed, and with no objections from
the meeting attendance, these officers were elected. Bill Kendrick remains
sys from the previous term, until a new one can be elected.
Send your nominations to LUGOD's secretary, Nick Schmalenberger, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Elections for sys will be held at the next
general meeting after anyone is nominated for sys, and accepts the
- LUGOD sign - Henry House put an order in at Kinkos for a lare
vinyl sign for LUGOD events. It will be 66"x30". Bill Kendrick created the
graphics, using hid LUGOD watertower logo art, at high resolution.
- Financial Report — $??.?? in voluntary dues were
- Alex Honor, open source project lead and principle architect at ControlTier
(and formerly head of E*trade system engineering) presented CTL,
a new open source project for enterprise management, written in Java.
- Presentation slides (800KB PDF)
- Richard Harke
- Henry House
- Bill Kendrick
- Nick Schmalenberger
- Chris Horsting
- Jeff Defay
- Alex Honor
- Chris Gliever
- Tony Kratz
- Rodney Miner
- Damon Edwards
- Henry House
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2008 Apr 22 19:08