Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2003.01.20 Meeting Notes"
2003.01.20 Meeting Notes
- Kevin Mitnick can use the Internet again!
- First internet-based vote! A small town outside of Geneva, Switzerland,
held it. There were just over 1000 eligible voters. 44% cast ballots.
50% of them did it via mail.
- Mandrake files bankruptcy!
- Jon Johansen (author of DeCSS) was acquited by a Norwegian judge.
- A study has shown that Microsoft Office runs faster on Linux (using
CodeWeavers' CrossOver) than on Windows.
No project reports were given during the meeting, since this meeting was a
- Library - The following books were donated to the library:
- LibraNet 2.7 beta CD set
- Red Hat 7.2 CD set
- Debian 3.0r0 (Woody) CD set
- O'Reilly Proceedings of the Perl Conference 4.0
- O'Reilly Perl Conference 5 Proceedings
- O'Reilly Apache: The Definitive Guide
- O'Reilly Web Navigation: Designing the User Experience
- O'Reilly Java Examples in a Nutshell
- New Riders The Zope Book
- Financial Report - $114.25
in voluntary dues were collected. $25.00 was spent on the
room at the library.
- LUGOD screened the independent film "REVOLUTION OS" to a crowd
of nearly 100! LUGOD purchased pizzas, chips, veggies, drinks and a cake.
Others brought food and snacks, including Steve Nguyen of TekSystems, and
- Approximately 85 people attended this meeting!
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2003 Feb 06 15:43