2013 Apr 26 18:30

[vox] [editor@eff.org: CISPA: We're not out of the woods yet |EFFector 26.11]

CISPA again!!! I urge you to write to oppose CISPA.

brian

----- Forwarded message from EFFector List <edtor@eff.org> -----

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:01:11 -0700
From: EFFector List <editr@eff.org>
To: Brian Lavender <brian@bre.com>
Subject: CISPA: We're not out of the woods yet | EFFector 26.11

[7]U.S. House of Representatives Shamefully Passes CISPA
   7. https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/04/us-house-representatives-shamefully-passes-cispa-internet-freedom-advocates

   You may have heard the rumors: key staffers on the Hill say that the
   Senate is unlikely to take up CISPA, even though it passed the House.
   But we're not out of the woods yet. The Senate is going to be taking up
   some kind of cybersecurity legislation. We need to make sure it's not
   the twin of CISPA, which would allow companies to bypass all existing
   privacy law to spy on communications and pass sensitive user data to
   the government. Now's the time to let your senator know that we won't
   tolerate privacy-killing legislation under CISPA or any other name.
   Users can speak out against the bill through our [8]action center.

[snip]
----- End forwarded message -----

--
Brian Lavender