2013 Apr 25 11:52

[vox] [acehreli@gmail.com: ACCU: Tuesday, April 30 - Manu Evans,"Using D Alongside a Game Engine"]

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Ali Cehreli <acehreli@gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:00:26 -0700
From: Ali Cehreli <acehreli@gmail.com>
Subject: ACCU: Tuesday, April 30 - Manu Evans, "Using D Alongside a Game Engine"
To: Ali Cehreli <acehreli@yahoo.com>

   Please note that this presentation is outside of our regular schedule:
   This one is on a Tuesday, not on the second-Wednesday of the month. We are
   having this extra presentation to listen to Manu Evans who has graciously
   accepted to repeat one of his DConf 2013 presentations for us.

   When:A A A A A  Tuesday, April 30, 2013
   Topic:A A A A  Using D Alongside a Game Engine
   Speaker:A A  Manu Evans
   Time:A A A A A  6:30pm doors open
   A A A A A A A A A A  7:00pm meeting begins
   Where:A A A A  Symantec
   A A A A A A A A A A  VCAFE building
   A A A A A A A A A A  350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
   A A A A A A A A A A  Mountain View, CA 94043
   Map:A A A A A A  <http://tinyurl.com/334rv5>
   Directions: VCAFE is accessible from the semicircular courtyard between
   Symantec buildings <http://tinyurl.com/2dccgc>
   Cost:A A A A A  Free
   More Info: <http://accu.org/index.php/accu_branches/accu_usa/>

   Post-mortem on experiments integrating D with a typical C/C++ game engine
   as an extension language for use processing game logic. Topics covered
   include dynamic C/C++ linkage, memory management, patterns for usage as an
   extension of existing C/C++ code, issues encountered, and other hairy
   details.

   Manu Evans is a senior technology programmer in the video games industry
   with 10 years commercial experience. He has worked at Remedy Games in
   Finland, and Krome Studios in Australia, on titles including Alan Wake,
   Star Wars, Spyro the Dragon, and many, many more. Manu is an expert in
   hardware abstraction, low level systems and performance optimisation on a
   wide variety of computer hardware.

   ---- Upcoming ACCU talks -----

   Wednesday, May 8, 2013
   Ben Gertzfield
   Writing Testable Code in D

   Wednesday, June 12 2013
   Jeff Johnson and Austin Henderson
   Conceptual Models: Core to Good Design

   ---------

   The ACCU meets twice monthly. Meetings are always open to the public and
   are free of charge. To suggest topics and speakers please email Ali
   Cehreli via acehreli@yahoo.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer