2013 Feb 15 15:36

Re: [vox] Can anyone help?

Debian and Ubuntu both have light-weight GUIs, Debian has both LXDE and XFCE, and I think Ubuntu does too.

--
Daniel Nelson

On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Scot A wrote:

Tony,
I DO need a GUI.
Part of my difficulty with MS-DOS was having to know
the command codes.  I will be mulling this over in the
upcoming weekend.
Namaste'
Scot

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Tony Cratz <cratz@hematite.com> wrote:
On 02/15/2013 11:29 AM, Scot A wrote:
> Vincenzo,
> I know for sure I have a 2 GB Flash drive around here.
> As for the choice of O/S, since Ubuntu is out,
> that would leave Mint or Xubuntu.
> Are there any other comparable O/S that
> rank with Xubuntu?

        If you don't need a GUI, Ubuntu has a mini.iso which gives you
        a small Ubuntu install, with just terminal access.

        If you want a GUI, you can use one of the lighter weight GUIs,
        XFCE (which Xubuntu use to run) or the like. It really does come
        down to the GUI.

                                                                Tony