[vox] LUGOD event at Co-Op in January

So we're way past the "December 8th" deadline for getting anything listed
in the Co-Op's newsletter, but I went ahead and asked Julie Cross at the
Co-Op whether there's still a chance that LUGOD can hold a Linux demo
as part of their "Healthy, Wealthy and Wise" January program again this year.
(With a preference for a weekend date prior to our Mon. Jan. 21st anniversary
meeting.  Second-best would be some weekday evening.)

I'll let you all know what I hear back.

Another possibility could be to do a "learn about LUGOD" event with
a hands-on Linux demo, or perhaps even a more formal presentation
(say, an intro to desktop Linux, to let the average user know that Linux
can be for them, too).  We could even try and do it some day at the
public library (projector & lots of seating for presentation, lots of
foot traffic).

Thoughts?

I have written down here that Eric Engelhard, Brian Lavendar, Andrew Roach
and me (Tim Riley, too?) were willing to put an event together.
Is this still correct?  Anyone else willing to help?

Sent from my computer