January 6: Social gathering
2012 Sep 21 10:29

[vox] [fwd] BALUG TOMORROW! Tu: Gary Longoria on Scratch;& Raspberry Pi?benefit auction! [San Francisco]

FYI!

----- Forwarded message from Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu> -----

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:58:12 -0700
From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [BALUG-Announce] BALUG TOMORROW! Tu: Gary Longoria on Scratch;
	& Raspberry Pi	benefit auction!
To: "BALUG announce" <balug-announce@lists.balug.org>

BALUG TOMORROW! Tu: Gary Longoria on Scratch; & Raspberry Pi benefit auction!

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG) meeting
TOMORROW Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2012-09-18

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2012-09-18 BALUG meeting, we're please to present

Gary Longoria on Scratch, plus: Raspberry Pi benefit auction!

Gary Longoria will talk about his experience using Scratch to teach
programming to high school students at the UC Berkeley Pre-College
Academy during the Summer. [watch the BALUG website for additional
details]

Raspberry Pi Partimus[1] benefit auction!
Want to get your hands on a Raspberry Pi?
How about also benefiting a very cool open source and education related
cause?
You can do both! Partimus has a Raspberry Pi to be auctioned off at this
BALUG meeting, all proceeds to go to Partimus.
(there may be minimum/reserve price on bidding, details to be covered
not later than at the auction itself).  [watch the BALUG website for
additional details]

1. http://partimus.org/

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP to:

                       rsvp at balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help
BALUG and the Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and meeting, and with
sufficient attendance, they also help ensure that we'll be able to eat
upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

                       6:30pm
                       Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 2012-09-18

                       Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
                       731 Grant Ave.
                       San Francisco, CA 94108
                       Easy PARKING:
                         Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny:
                         http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but for dinner, for your gift of $13
             cash, we give you a gift of dinner - joining us for a yummy
             family-style Chinese dinner - tax and tip included (your gift
             also helps in our patronizing the restaurant venue and helping
             to defray BALUG costs such treating our speakers to dinner).

------------------------------

Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/BALUG_org

------------------------------

CDs, etc.

We'll have CDs noted below available at the meeting, and at least some
other goodies too.

CDs, etc. - have a peek here:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc
We do also have some additional give-away items, and may have
"door prizes".

volunteering to help BALUG

Want to volunteer to help out BALUG?  (quite a variety of opportunities)
Drop us a note at:
balug-contact@balug.org
Or come talk to us at a BALUG meeting.

----- End forwarded message -----