2012 May 04 11:16

[vox] USENIX LISA '12 Submission Deadline Approaching

[vox] USENIX LISA '12 Submission Deadline Approaching

It's almost here! The submission deadline for the 26th Large
Installation System Administration Conference (LISA '12) is less than a
month away. Please submit your abstracts and proposals by May 17, 2012.

The Call for Participation (CFP), with submission guidelines and sample
topics, can be found on the USENIX Web site at:

   http://www.usenix.org/lisa12/

The annual LISA conference is the meeting place of choice for system
administrators, IT architects, and IT engineers. The conference provides
a rich mix of technical training by industry experts, dynamic talks that
inspire attendees to think beyond today, panel discussions for debate
of current issues, ask-the-expert guru sessions, and presentations by
people like you who introduce the next generation of methods and
solutions.

The conference's diverse participants are matched by an equally
broad spectrum of activities:

* Refereed papers
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/papers

* Practice and experience reports
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/per

* New this year! We include a review and response period for authors of
papers and practice and experience reports (PERs) to provide better
transparency in the review process and to increase authors' chances of
acceptance into the conference.

* Talks
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/talks

* Guru sessions
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/guru

* Lightning talks
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/lightning

* Poster session:
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/posters

In addition, LISA welcomes proposals for the following:

* Workshops
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/workshops

* The training program
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/training

* Birds-of-a-Feather sessions (BoFs)
https://www.usenix.org/lisa12/bofs

LISA '12 takes place December 9-14, 2012, in San Diego, CA.

Still not sure if you should submit? Check out my blog, "Why Sysadmins
Should Write"
https://www.usenix.org/blog/why-sys-admins-should-write

We look forward to hearing from you!

On behalf of the LISA '12 Organizers,

Carolyn Rowland, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
LISA '12 Program Chair
lisa12chair@usenix.org

IMPORTANT DATES
Extended abstracts, papers, experience reports, and proposals for talks,
workshops, and tutorials due: May 17, 2012
Paper and experience report authors' review and response period: June
7-13, 2012
Notification to all submitters: June 21, 2012
Final papers and reports due: September 19, 2012
Poster proposals due: October 29, 2012
Submission guidelines and more information can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa12