2012 Apr 20 12:01

Re: [vox] Specs for ZaTab (Was Re: ZaReason ZaTab tablet)

Re: [vox] Specs for ZaTab (Was Re: ZaReason ZaTab tablet)

wow this looks great!  What kind of processor/graphics are built in!?
-Francisco

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 05:28:04PM -0700, Tony Cratz wrote:
>       Looks good. But do you have a URL for specs and price?

Correction!  Google helped and I see they posted something in response
to a "specs or it didn't happen" comment by someone over on Google+ ;)

 http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html

Quote:

 The only tablet on the market that doesn't violate the GPL! Yay!
 (You get the source code with the machine, not months later, if at all.)

 Display

   Gone are the days of having to tilt the display to get a good
   viewing angle. The ZaTab features a state-of-the-art IPS display that
   is clear and vivid from all viewing angles.

 Battery

   Nothing is more frustrating that having a battery die. So we built
   the ZaTab to last all day long...and then some. With up to 10 hrs of
   battery life, you could even watch the entire Lord of the Rings
   trilogy when your heart so desires.

 Expansion

   A tablet is a very personal device. The ZaTab includes plenty of
   connections so that you may customize it to fit your needs. There are
   micro USB ports for expansion. There is a micro HDMI port to output to
   a large screen. There is a microSD card slot which allows you to
   double the storage capacity. All these ports are conveniently located
   on the right side of the tablet.

 Cameras

   Not just one camera, but two cameras. One on the front for video
   conferences and self portraits. One on the back to take videos and
   photos of everyone else.

 Android

   Google AOSP, Cyanogenmod 9. We took the best of Android and
   included on the ZaTab.

 Root

   Some manufacturers consider "root" to be a four-letter-word. We
   don't. The ZaTab is an open device. The bootloader is unlocked. Root
   access is available. We welcome the community to develop custom ROMs
   and port other Linux distros to the ZaTab.

And finally:

 Specs:

   Pure Android
   9.7" IPS 1024x768 display
   5 point capacitive touchscreen
   16 GB internal storage + microSD for additional storage
   1 GB ram
   Front and Back cameras
   Sturdy metal back
   High-capacity 8000 mAh battery