2012 Apr 18 11:57

[vox] [fwd] Wednesday April 18 presentation on "Mentor GraphicsAutomotive Linux" at Intel in Santa Clara

FYI!

----- Forwarded message from Alison Chaiken -----

Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:11:42 -0700
From: Alison Chaiken
Subject: [sf-lug] Wednesday April 18 presentation on "Mentor Graphics
 Automotive Linux" at Intel in Santa Clara
To: sf-lug@linuxmafia.com

http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Automotive-Open-Source/events/54607032/

Who: John Lehmann, Embedded Automotive Solutions, Mentor Graphics
Where: Intel Front Lobby, 3600 Juliette Lane, Santa Clara, CA
When: Weds 4/18 at 7 PM; a bit earlier if you want to have a snack first
Cost: free
What:
Linux, with its pedigree in both consumer electronics and enterprise
networking, is a natural fit for automotive in-vehicle infotainment
(IVI) systems, but the transition to an open source model is
challenging for car companies. The requirements of vehicle software
are fundamentally different and are orders of magnitude more
restrictive than those  of consumer devices.    We will explore the
evolving nature of IVI software, and describe industry alliances such
as GENIVI that are intended to promote the adoption of common
platforms  based on automaker-independent standards.

Feel free to show up for the talk without registering or RSVPing, but
please register and RSVP if you want a snack before the presentation.
Thanks to Intel for providing the venue and to ICS for underwriting
the food.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer