2012 Mar 23 13:11

[vox] Pycon 2012 Talks Online

Hi everyone,

There were some great talks at Pycon this year, and most of the videos are now available online: http://pyvideo.org/category/17/pycon-us-2012

The talks covered a wide range of topics, but aside from the keynotes they are mostly technical Python talks (read: high ratings on the Geek-O-Meter). Here were a few of the highlights for me:

Keynote by Stormy Peters from Mozilla (Mozilla/FireFox have done a lot to keep the web open and address privacy concerns)
http://pyvideo.org/video/625/keynote-stormy-peters-mozilla-corporation

Militarizing Your Backyard with Python: Computer Vision and the Squirrel Hordes
http://pyvideo.org/video/674/militarizing-your-backyard-with-python-computer

Introduction to PDB (if you use Python and don't know about PDB from the standard library, check this out)
http://pyvideo.org/video/644/introduction-to-pdb

Thanks!
Eric