2012 Mar 17 15:41

[vox] Windows 8 vs. Linux Dual Boot

I've recently become aware of what is now apparently a relatively old
controversy: whether Windows 8 secure boot feature will block any dual
booting.

I find the articles I'm reading confusing and inclusive.  Part of the
problem is that Microsoft has supposedly not been very forthcoming on
the issue.

Microsoft says that Windows 8 will have a feature that will disable
secure boot, but then I still get the impression that whether Linux will
boot depends on settings made by the computer manufacturer.

Does anyone have a handle on this issue?  Will Windows 8 really be a
problem dual booting Linux?

Bob