January 6: Social gathering
2012 Mar 17 15:31

[vox] quickstart on Java EE

JBoss 7.1 is a fully compliant Java EE 6 web server. Check this video and howto.

Video showing JBoss
http://vimeo.com/25829285

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Getting+Started+Developing+Applications+Guide

The quickstart examples they use actually are the ones from JBoss 7.0
http://download.jboss.org/jbossas/7.0/jboss-as-7.0.0.Final/jboss-as-quickstarts-7.0.0.Final-dist.zip

You will need Maven and Java 6 installed. OpenJDK is good. I don't believe that Ubuntu ships with
Maven 3. You can download a binary from apache.org
https://maven.apache.org/download.html

Get the Maven 3 binary zip and put its bin directory in your path.

Glassfish also presents some good tools too.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/