2012 Feb 15 15:15

[vox] "Linux Popularity Sparks Salary Jump"

[vox] "Linux Popularity Sparks Salary Jump"

Linux Popularity Sparks Salary Jump
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/02/10/linux-popularity-sparks-salary-jump/

"Companies adopting the free, open-source Linux operating system are
having trouble finding developers and system administrators skilled in
Linux, according to a new survey to be released next week.

The tight job market has driven up salaries and bonuses and prompted
companies to increase their training and outreach to meet recruiting
needs, the survey finds. The median salary for Linux-skilled
technologists rose 5% to $84,000 last year with median bonuses at
$5,000, according to Dice Holdings Inc., a technology jobs board that
conducted the survey with The Linux Foundation, a nonprofit advocacy
group."

Sent from my computer