2012 Jan 05 22:04

[vox] ubuntu, java, and processing

Processing (the language) applications did not work under the
openjdk-6-jre, icedtea6-plugin, openjdk-6-jdk trifecta, which is why I
originally installed Oracle Java 6. The licensing/purging issue under
Ubuntu has created a fine opportunity to test the above trifecta once
again... no cigar. Apparently, a manual install of Oracle Java 6 is
the only solution for using processing under Ubuntu.

Eric