[vox] On Selling Exceptions to the GNU GPL

[vox] On Selling Exceptions to the GNU GPL

Ever wondered about selling exceptions to the GPL. Well, if you are the
copyright holder, you can.

See this writeup by RMS with the following except.
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/selling-exceptions

  When I co-signed the letter objecting to Oracle's planned purchase of
  MySQL 1 (along with the rest of Sun), some free software supporters were
  surprised that I approved of the practice of selling license exceptions
  which the MySQL developers have used. They expected me to condemn the
  practice outright. This article explains what I think of the practice,
  and why.

brian
--
Brian Lavender