Re: [vox] Take action now against SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act)

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 06:14:46PM -0700, timriley@appahost.com wrote:
> [...]

This week's NPR "On the Media" program had a lengthy segment on SOPA
and the surrounding political and legislative environment.

Podcast available here:

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio.wnyc.org/otm/otm120911pod.mp3

The relevant bit is this segment:

http://www.onthemedia.org/2011/dec/09/us-government-seizes-domain-names/

describing how SOPA would actually "legitimize" activities that the US
government is already undertaking without any clear legal authority.

Fascinating, really. A good listen, in its entirety or simply in part.

--
Marc Elliot Hall
www.hallmarc.net