Re: [vox] WTB Used Computer

I don't have a box to sell, but here are my thoughts.

I have been eyeing the ULV processors. Power consumption is low and
performance is good.  They use DDR-3, so the bus is fast. The following
system looks pretty good, but it only has a 250Gig drive. It prbably
takes a laptop drive.

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VOT125-04-SU7300-1-3GHz-Premium/dp/B003GALLKY

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:40:39AM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> Hey, looking for a cheap Linux-friendly computer to use as a MythTV
> client.  My old one died and I can also fix the problem by upgrading the
> TV and using a spare netbook computer that I have, but thought I'd try
> this first.  Requirements are:
>
> * Quiet
> * Prefer Intel CPU
> * Reasonably fast (i.e. better than a Celeron)
> * Either S-Video out or a VGA slot that will take my old video card
> * Ethernet port or a PCI slot for my old adapter
> * Hard drive or IDE connector for my old drive
> * At least 512MB RAM
>
> Anyone?  Email me off-line.  Thanks!
>
> Rod

Brian Lavender