[vox] Who is EFF?

I have listened to legal staff from EFF speak several times. They operate
on a minimal budget and do what they do because people believe in a free
society. If you go to law school today, you probably walk away with a hefty
financial burden on your shoulders.  So, I give the EFF attorneys a lot
of credit. They have gone after DMCA[4] , illegal wiretaps [1], promoted
tools to protect privacy with Tor[2] and HTTPS everywhere[3]. When EFF
says SOPA is a bad law, I tend to believe them and their analysis. As
a computer entheusiast, I have to wonder who in this group can question
EFF with a straight face.

[1] https://www.eff.org/issues/nsa-spying
[2] https://www.eff.org/torchallenge
[3] https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere