January 6: Social gathering
2011 Nov 08 10:07

Re: [vox] Moore's law coming to an end

The wikipedia peanut gallery seems to agree/disagree and it all depends
on your definition of what Moore's law really means. If you talk about
the literal definition of the shrinking of transistors, that end may
come at some pt, but that doesn't mean transistors won't be replaced by
something else or that performance will still grow at the same rate due
to other methods. Personally I like the point on the page that now that
transistors have gotten so small you can start making bigger chips that
pack more in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law

Enjoy,
Alex