2011 Oct 09 11:19

[vox] Fwd: Re: linux technical support

Hi, Alex Mandel suggested posting to this list. I was wondering if there was anyone on this list based in or near Davis who offers or can recommend anyone who provides paid technical computer support for Linux users.

I am looking for someone who could install a new hard drive on my computer and do a fresh Ubuntu install and a few other Ubuntu-related tasks. I realise I could do this through an installfest but I am still too new to Ubuntu to deal easily with issues that come up and currently do not have time to do it myself due to work/family commitments. I am also interested in finding someone who can give longer-term support as well.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nick

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: linux technical support
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:54:01 -0700
From: Alex Mandel <tech_dev@wildintellect.com>
To: Nick Buxton <nick@tni.org>
CC: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>

Nick,

I would suggest posting on the vox-tech or vox email lists provided by
LUGOD (sign up on our website). Specifically ask people for
recommendations of paid local support. If you want to do it yourself,
you can ask your technical questions on vox-tech and maybe find someone
who would be willing to help more directly.

Thanks,
Alex