2011 Sep 12 20:34

[vox] [fwd] ACCU: Wednesday, September 14 - Jeff Fischer,"An Introduction to Engage" [Mtn View]

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Ali Cehreli <acehreli@gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:24:51 -0700
From: Ali Cehreli <acehreli@gmail.com>
Subject: ACCU: Wednesday, September 14 - Jeff Fischer, "An Introduction to Engage"
To: acehreli@yahoo.com

When:      Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Topic:     An Introduction to Engage
Speaker:   Jeff Fischer
Time:      6:30pm doors open
          7:00pm meeting begins
Where:     Symantec
          VCAFE building
          350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
          Mountain View, CA 94043
Map:       <http://tinyurl.com/334rv5>
Directions: VCAFE is accessible from the semicircular courtyard
between Symantec buildings <http://tinyurl.com/2dccgc>
Cost:      Free
More Info: <http://www.accu-usa.org>

Engage is a new open-source, Python-based platform for deploying and
managing applications, either on your own servers or in the public
cloud. It automates server provisioning, application installation,
configuration, and upgrades. The technology behind engage combines
ideas from Linux package managers, constraint solvers, and existing
deployment frameworks such as Puppet or Chef. In this talk, we will
look into the design of Engage, how to use Engage, and how to extend
it. The talk will conclude with a discussion on lessons learned,
including the use of domain specific languages, software evolution,
and testing strategy.

Engage is available under the Apache License at
http://github.com/genforma/engage.

Jeff is a co-founder of genForma, a startup building a Platform as a
Service offering on top of Engage.

Meetings are open to the public and are free of charge.

The ACCU meets monthly. Meetings are always open to the public and are
free of charge. To suggest topics and speakers please email Walter
Vannini via walterv@gbbservices.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer