2011 Aug 19 15:52

[vox] [fwd] Wildfire mapping project

Seen on SF-LUG's list.

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Mark Zaller <mszaller@trigeocorp.com> -----

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:12:06 -0700
From: Mark Zaller <mszaller@trigeocorp.com>
Subject: [sf-lug] Wildfire mapping project
To: sf-lug@linuxmafia.com

   I'm pursuing a project to automatically map wildfires, and am looking for
   people who could contribute to this.
   I volunteer as an Air Attack pilot over wildfires and have created an in
   cockpit Augmented Reality system that allows us to work at night and over
   smoke. It combines 3D visualization of GIS (Geographic Information System)
   data along with live Infrared. I'd like to consider porting to Open
   Source/Linux and include auto-mapping of spotfires. Here is a proposal
   presentation about what NASA night
   fund: http://www.slideshare.net/mszaller/wildfire-ir-and-mapping
   Please contact me if you have experience with Open Source (GRASS, OSGeo,
   GDAL, etc.) capabilities that could help.
   thanks,
   -Mark Zaller - www.AerialFireTech.org
    260 King St, San Francisco, CA
    Linkedin Profile - Business Development,
   Product Management, Hi-tech Hardware & Software Team Leader

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer