2011 Aug 18 11:24

Re: [vox] Games mentioned tonight

On 08/15/2011 11:30 PM, Bill Broadley wrote:
> Ah, 3 games I left out:
>   * Naev (the one I couldn't remember the name of) 2d-space combat
>     and trading game
>   * Openttd- opensource extension of microprose's transport tycoon
>              deluxe.  Recently 100% free, no longer requiring buying
>              the original game. http://www.openttd.org/en/
>   * Warsow - FPS http://www.warsow.net/

	I could not think of this game last night but I have a friend
	who likes it.

	Oolite - Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite, powered by
Objective-C and OpenGL, and designed as a small game that is easy for
users to pick up, modify and expand upon. Almost every aspect of the
game can be changed by using simple, free graphics packages and text
editors.

Originally written for Mac OS X, and under continuous development for
over five years, Oolite is available for Mac OS X (10.3.9 and higher)
and PCs running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Linux. It requires at least
a 400 MHz processor, 256 MiB of memory, and a graphics card capable of
accelerating OpenGL graphics. The game and source code are offered for
free under the GNU General Public License.
http://www.oolite.org/

							Tony