January 6: Social gathering
2011 Jun 04 12:08

[vox] Quick Reminder About Submitting Papers to USENIX LISA '11

[vox] Quick Reminder About Submitting Papers to USENIX LISA '11

If you are busy like us, it may have slipped your mind that the deadline
for the 25th LISA conference is rapidly approaching. It's important that
you get your abstracts and proposals to us by June 9, 2011!

https://papers.usenix.org/hotcrp/lisa11/

The LISA '11 theme is "DevOps: New Challenges, Proven Values." In
essence, DevOps is "an umbrella concept that refers to anything that
improves the interaction between development and operations." While
DevOps is new, it embodies themes long popular at LISA: automation,
performance, scaling, collaboration, and cooperation. However, papers
not related to DevOps are also welcome. We bet you have a great idea for
a paper. This is the year to write it!

The conference's diverse groups of participants are matched by an
equally broad spectrum of activities, and we invite proposals and ideas
for them all:

* Refereed papers
* NEW! Practice and experience reports
* Invited talks
* Guru sessions
* Poster session
* Workshops
* Training program
* Birds-of-a-Feather sessions (BoFs)

For complete descriptions and examples of these activities, please visit
http://www.usenix.org/lisa11/cfpc/

Also, email lisa11chairs@usenix.org if you want to bounce ideas off us.

LISA '11 takes place December 4-9, 2011, in Boston, MA.

We look forward to hearing from you!

On behalf of the LISA '11 Organizers,

Thomas A. Limoncelli, Google, Inc.
Doug Hughes, D.E. Shaw Research, LLC.
LISA '11 Program Co-Chairs
lisa11chairs@usenix.org

IMPORTANT DATES
Extended abstracts, papers, experience reports, and proposals for
invited talks, workshops, and tutorials due: June 9, 2011, 11:59 p.m. PDT
Notification to all submitters: July 11, 2011
Final papers and reports due: September 15, 2011
Poster proposals due: November 11, 2011
Submission guidelines and more information can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa11/cfpc/