2011 Feb 09 09:07

[vox] No electronic flaws in Toyotas?

The government says that there are no flaws in Toyotas.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Government-No-electronic-apf-3420619474.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=6&asset=&ccode=

According to the article, engineers at NASA "reviewed" 280,000 lines of software
code to look for flaws. I wonder if that means that Toyota's code is available
for download? Or, do you have to sign an NDA that you won't reveal if you find
any vulnerabilities?

Did anyone bother to ask Toyota why the F**k they took out the throttle cable? It
doesn't take a NASA an engineer to figure that one out!

BTW, you can pick up an ECM at TAP recycling in Sacramento in case anyone wants
to hook up the computer and try to find the corner case for unintended acceleration.
I picked up one for my Celica for two hundred bucks.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/