2011 Jan 19 10:02

Re: [vox] age 1-2 kids Linux software

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Bill Broadley <bill@broadley.org> wrote:
On 01/18/2011 05:37 PM, Darth Borehd wrote:
> My daughters, ages 1 and  5, both love tuxpaint. My older daughter has been
> using since she could sit up in the chair.

Heh, my daughter started using tuxpaint between 1 and 2.  Her main complaint
was that my mouse was too large.  She would stare at the mouse, stare at her
hand, then say "ouch".

So I'd recommend:
* Buy a wireless "travel" mouse (kid sized) for $12 from radio shack.

Of course, if it's small enough (and especially if wireless) it could be a choking hazard.... those things aren't marketed as kids' toys.  For all we know they could have lead in the plastic.