[vox] [fwd] [O'Reilly OSCON] Looking for Speakers to Lead Sessionsand Tutorials in 2011

----- Forwarded message from O'Reilly Open Source Convention <conferences@post.oreilly.com> -----

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:09:30 -0800
From: "O'Reilly Open Source Convention" <conferences@post.oreilly.com>
Subject: Looking for Speakers to Lead Sessions and Tutorials in 2011
To: pr@lugod.org

If you would like to view this information in your browser, click here: http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zv2e91d7knj4nu71uh361e94i97330vu5ehaqje0

OSCON
July 25-29, 2011
Oregon Convention Center
Portland, Oregon
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zl23lshlgor8259qog2p9ue7vdacv50mp3o6dgr8

===========================
Submit a Proposal to Speak at OSCON By February 7
===========================
For thirteen years the O'Reilly Open Source Convention has been bringing together people from across the open source universe to learn, collaborate, and inspire each other. OSCON provides a central place to gain exposure to and evaluate the new projects, tools, services, platforms, languages, software, and standards sweeping through the open source community and the broader technology industry.

Now is your chance to be part of the program. We're looking for speakers to lead sessions and tutorials at OSCON 2011. The Call for Participation is open now through February 7:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z2cvgrh7l6j2llnmnu2qrpcs2878qivkee2f6h9o

===========================
Topics We're Looking For
===========================
Topics we plan to explore in the 2011 program include:
- Doing more with less, a perpetual favorite
- Open source in smart phones and mobile networked devices
- Cloud computing, openness in distributed services
- Geek lifestyle - hacking, quantified self, inbox zero, maker culture
- Best practices for building a business around open source
- Open web, open standards, open data, open, open, open!
- Open source in democracy, politics, government, and education
- AI, machine learning, and other ways of making software smarter than the people using it

These topics are just to get you started. We're open to other ideas as well. To view submissions guidelines and to submit your proposal visit:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zvjm7ehbdp2irg9m6192viro1996h2ervvi7pg78

We're looking forward to seeing your session and tutorial ideas and we hope you're already making plans to join us in Portland this July.

Edd Dumbill & Sarah Novotny
OSCON Program Chairs

Thanks to Our Sponsors
Thank you to Facebook and Percona for their support of OSCON 2011. If you'd like information on becoming an OSCON sponsor, please contact Sharon Cordesse at scordesse@oreilly.com.

For assistance, send an email to conf-admin@oreilly.com

O'Reilly Media, Inc. 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472   (707) 827-7000 / (800) 998-9938