2010 Oct 26 05:44

Re: [vox] Fwd: Re: Reasons you might not want to use OpenOffice

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:20:23AM -0700, Bill Ward wrote:

>    I bet your page is set for A4 rather than Letter size paper.  There's
>    document-level and system-level settings for paper size, and the
>    default is A4 in many installations.  If the various settings are not
>    mutually consistent, you could end up with weird margins being added or
>    subtracted as the program tries to fit the output on the desired
>    paper.  It's a bit like letterboxing on TV sets.  A4 is taller and
>    narrower than letter size.

Where is the system-level setting? I found the document setting in OO. I also checked
the printer and it has letter listed as default.

I don't remember exactly but hunt around in the preferences doc.  Make sure the "Format>Page" setting is on Letter, and when you print that the printer settings are on Letter.