2010 Oct 26 01:08

Re: [vox] Fwd: Re: Reasons you might not want to use OpenOffice

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> Matthew posted from a non-subscribed address, so fwd'ing it to the
> list on his behalf...
>
> ----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----
>
> However, I have yet to recommend LaTeX as
> a substitute to anyone who is not in Computer Science.

Funny.  It was having to write outlines for an English GE that got me
to switch to LaTeX after OO broke a nested list for an outline for the
10^10th time.  Not to mention documents looking like a Bosch painting
after moving between machines.

> Use the right tool for the job.

Always.  But when the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks
like a nail (yes, I know it's a cliché)

Regards,
Will

--
Try not to live your life in England or New England. In fact, you
should probably move to Sweden, a country where Mythos activity seems