2010 Oct 20 00:45

[vox] Lincoln Hills Linux Users Group

Clay Abrams, founder of Lincoln Hills LUG contacted me with
a call for help.  He founded the LUG back in January, and
initially it had very good attendance (about 40 people).

They meet on a Saturday afternoon once a month, at the
Local City Lincoln Library in Lincoln (north of Roseville & Rocklin;
a 45-min drive from Davis).

Here's their website:

  http://sites.google.com/site/lincolnlug/

Clay says that the attendance has dropped a bit (about 10 core members
lately; not bad, considering LUGOD had about 15-16 last night), and is
running out of steam to keep the LUG going.  (He's a retired software
guy; worked at IBM, HP and Lotus, and who's been using Linux since the
mid-1990s and is now using Linux for his Ham radio activities.)

I know that some folks out here are from that area (one LUGOD attendee
last night was from Roseville), so I thought I'd post this note to
LUGOD & SacLUG lists.

Their next -- and at the moment, final -- meeting will be on
Saturday, November 20th from 1pm-5pm.  The topic is: "Organize your Data."

Thanks & take care!

Sent from my computer