2010 Oct 19 13:50

Re: [vox] Tux Paint on the WeTab

On 19/10/2010, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 08:53:20PM +0100, Edwin Groot wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I bought the WeTab a couple weeks ago, and Bill's Tux Paint is in the
>> app "store"!
>> The WeTab is like an iPad, but with widescreen, and runs Meego, which
>> is some Red Hat derivate on intel. Attached is the screen shot where I
>> installed it from.
>> My experience of Tux Paint on this tablet is a lot of fun. It's a lot
>> like finger-painting.
>
> Cool, thanks for sharing!
>
> Odd & annoying that they label it "version 1.0", when such a version
> of Tux Paint doesn't actually exist! :^P  Otherwise, nifty!
> Bring it to tonight's meeting, if you're in the area!  I need to play! ;)
>
> -bill!

I ahh, err moved out of California. It would be the greatest thing to
show off at LUGOD, but I am now living in Southern Germany. I still
read the list because it is difficult for me to interact on the German
LUGs.
The WeTab is a German product, which is why the shop comes out in
German for me. The version 1.0 is probably the internal company
packaging version. You might see the tablet in the US in the new year,
along with similar products from Dell, Samsung, and MSI. Otherwise
just order it from Amazon.de See also
http://wetab.mobi/en/shop
I love this thing, and had previously made a vow that I would not buy
a similar product from a company with a fruity name.
Edwin