2010 Sep 13 17:13

[vox] [fwd] This Week at the Co-op

Our Software Freedom Day presence at the Co-Op has been announced! :)

----- Forwarded message from Julie Cross -----

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:52:29 -0700
From: "Julie Cross"
Subject: This Week at the Co-op

                             This Week At the Co-op

   Wine Tasting:
   Staff Favorites
   Friday, September 17
   6:00-8:00 pm
   $1 per taste
   profits benefit Davis Farm To School

   Save the date
               Local Food Fair
               Saturday, September 24, 5-9 pm
               Meet the Folks who Make your Food!
               Featuring the ABOW Pizza Oven and music by Miss Lonely Hearts!

   Co-op Board of Directors Meeting
   Monday, September 13
   7:00 pm
   View the agenda here

   LINUX at the Co-op
   Saturday, September 18, 4-7 pm
   Demo Station
   Stop by and hear all about the wonders of this open-source operating
   system!

   Classes this week:
   Budget Cooking: Cooking Ahead and Freezing*
   Tuesday, September 14, 6:00
   If your budget or diet rule out take out, don't despair.  Learn to cook
   when you have time, then freeze portions for later.  Includes casseroles,
   stews, loaves and soups, as well as tips for making multiple meals in
   quantity.  All recipes will be gluten free.
   Instructor: Amy Radbill  $25 x ________

   A Can and a Plan: Simple recipes for the culinary challenged
   Wednesday, September 15, 6:00 pm
   If you can open a can, you can make these dishes.. Dishes like Bare
   Burritos,  Vegetarian Chili, Tuna And Veggie Bake take less than 20
   minutes to prep and use 6 ingredients or less.
   Instructor: Rebecca Tryon $25 x __

   Gluten Free Bread II
   Thursday, September 16, 6:00
   If you*ve been making your own gluten-free bread, but you*re looking for a
   few new recipes, come join us. We*ll make breads that rely on a wide range
   of grains, nuts, and other wholesome foods for their good looks and
   fantastic texture and flavor.
   Instructor: Amy Radbill  $25 x ________

   Kids Can Cook!
   The Rice Class*
   Rice is perfect for Eat Local month, not to mention super kid friendly!
   We*ll make a chicken & rice soup, simple fried rice and a speedy rice
   pudding.  (gluten-free)
   Instructor: Julie Cross $20x  ________
   __ Level 2 Friday, September 17, 3:30

   Hands-On A Taste of Tuscany*
   Saturday, September 18, 2:00
   Make an authentic Tuscan three course meal from local ingredients with Bay
   Area chef Leslie Peng, We'll start by making some handmade straccetti
   pasta, then move on to pollo al mattone, and finish off with a delicate
   zabaione and fruit.
   Instructor:  Leslie Peng $30 x ________

   Beat the heat with these Spanish Treats!
   Sunday, September 19, 2:00
   Join us and learn how to make an amazing cucumber gazpacho, fried garbanzo
   beans with oregano, roasted peppers with maldon salt, sambuca oven roasted
   fennel with romesco and a local plum and campari granita.

   New Parent Network
   Every Tuesday at 10:00 am
   in the Teaching Kitchen
   Free & open to everyone