2010 Sep 13 21:12

Re: [vox] Stuff you really need to run a GNU/Linux network

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 06:02:47AM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010, Brian Lavender wrote:
>
> > So, before you even get started with a GNU/Linux network it seems to really
> > be effective you need to have the following.
>
> Interesting.
> Ive run servers for over a decade. It doesnt use any of that.
> But its an interesting viewpoint.

I think this is for an office or computer lab type situation with
many workstations and users should be able to logon to any
workstation with their account? I think thats how directory
services like yellowpages, ldap and active directory are usually
used.
Nick