2010 Aug 02 15:43

Re: [vox] Android roundtable?

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 11:23:30PM -0700, Michael Wenk wrote:
>    I would be interested in this, perhaps even a demo of android app
>    development if anyone's willing to do that.

Since Android app development is a much more technical topic, and
would benefit far more from our meeting setup (everyone seated
facing a big video projection), I'd rather have that separate from
an end-user roundtable, honestly.

>    Also, the plug on swype... I completely and totally agree.  I have not
>    used anything quite like it.  I think at some point, Swype will be out for
>    general release, at least I hope so.

Oddly, a friend of mine has a Droid and went to show me some cool
keyboard that (came with it? he downloaded? I forget).  It looks
like it works a lot like Swype, but it was from a totally different
developer. :)

Swype is handy when I don't feel like rotating and pulling out
the keyboard.  Doing coupla-word-long TXT replies, for example.
For anything else, I need the keyboard.

Except... grrr... I've found NO way of typing <, >, {, } or | using
the hardware keyboard, which makes shell and PHP scripting... annoying.