2010 Jun 27 13:27

[vox] [fwd survey] Learning in the Linux Community

----- Forwarded message from Don Davis -----

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 02:59:17 +0000
From: Don Davis
Subject: Learning in the Linux Community

   Dear LUG contacts,

   Your email address was listed on the Linux.org site. I'm conducting
   academic research regarding learning in the Linux community. (In
   particular we're looking at the possible role of 'legitimate peripheral
   participation' and its impact on learning within the context of the Linux
   community.)

   I would be very grateful if you could pass on the link to the survey to
   your LUGs.

   http://survey.education.txstate.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=LPP

   Below is the letter that I've used to spread the request for survey
   participants.

   Thank you for your time,

   D Davis

   -----------------------

   Dear Gnu/Linux users,

   Do you use Gnu/Linux? Do you consider yourself part of a larger Gnu/Linux
   free and open source software community? Whether you've just starting
   clicking around in Ubuntu or you've been tweaking your kernel for years,
   we are interested in learning about if, and how, you've learned (and
   possibly taught) as part of the Gnu/Linux community.

   As part of our graduate studies, we, Don Davis and Iffat Jabeen, are
   compiling a survey of Gnu/Linux users and their possible learning
   experiences within the context of the Gnu/Linux FOSS community. The
   results of the study will be presented to other Education Technologists
   and may further the education world's understanding of the Gnu/Linux
   community.

   Please share your experiences via the following link:
   http://survey.education.txstate.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=LPP

   Your assistance in distributing the survey link to LUGs and Gnu/Linux
   oriented forums is greatly appreciated.

   Thank you for your time,

   Don Davis and Iffat Jabeen

----- End forwarded message -----