2010 Jun 28 11:55

[vox] GoogleCL - command-line access to Google services

[vox] GoogleCL - command-line access to Google services

Wow!

  http://code.google.com/p/googlecl/

Described in an article at InformationWeek:

  http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/app-security/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=225700884

  "Having previously referred to its search technology as a
  'command-line interface to the world,' Google has decided to implement
  an actual command-line tool for several of its services.  On Friday,
  Google announced the availability of GoogleCL, open-source software
  for Linux, Mac, and Windows that allows users to perform sophisticated
  tasks on a handful of Google sites."

Some examples:

  $ google blogger post --title "foo" "command line posting"
  $ google picasa create --title "Cat Photos" ~/photos/cats/*.jpg

Sent from my computer; about to have googlecl deb package installed on it