2010 Jun 21 14:44

Re: [vox] Speaker probably needed for tonight! (Was re: Ride fromthe airport on Monday)

Re: [vox] Speaker probably needed for tonight! (Was re: Ride fromthe airport on Monday)

Sounds like an excellent Plan B!  Thanks so much, Brian!
I'll go see if I can get Owen to confirm whether or not
he can make it.

-bill!

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:38:25AM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> We can talk about my Master's project.
>
> "Using Genetic Algorithms to do
> Network Intrusion Detection and integration into nProbe"
>
> http://brie.com/brian/netga/
>

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:26:52AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> > > My apologies for being ambiguous here.  Owen is literally
> > > flying _into_ Davis (University airport, in west Davis)...
> > > As opposed to arriving at Sac Int'l airport up in I-5.
> >
> > Additionally, I just heard that our guest speaker has a sore
> > throat, and is unlike to make it tonight.
> >
> > Now I need to scramble for a Plan B.  Anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > For a somewhat outdated list of meeting topic ideas, see:
> >
> >   http://www.lugod.org/meeting/wishlist/
> >
> > Does anyone listed here feel like speaking, in the likely
> > case that we'll need a replacement for Owen's IPv6 talk?
> >
> >   http://www.lugod.org/meeting/tba/
> >
> > New at speaking at LUGOD?  See:
> >
> >   http://www.lugod.org/speak/
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > -bill!
> > (might need Cups of Coffee #3 and #4 sooner than I expected! :^/ )
>
> --
> Brian Lavender
> http://www.brie.com/brian/
>
> "There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
> make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other
> way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
>
> Professor C. A. R. Hoare
> The 1980 Turing award lecture

Sent from my computer