2010 Jun 21 11:38

[vox] Speaker probably needed for tonight! (Was re: Ride from theairport on Monday)

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:27:16AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 04:01:03PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >
> > Our guest speaker (and possibly 1 guest) is flying into Davis,
> > estimated arrival time of 6:30pm, on Monday.
>
> My apologies for being ambiguous here.  Owen is literally
> flying _into_ Davis (University airport, in west Davis)...
> As opposed to arriving at Sac Int'l airport up in I-5.

Additionally, I just heard that our guest speaker has a sore
throat, and is unlike to make it tonight.

Now I need to scramble for a Plan B.  Anyone have any suggestions?

For a somewhat outdated list of meeting topic ideas, see:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/wishlist/

Does anyone listed here feel like speaking, in the likely
case that we'll need a replacement for Owen's IPv6 talk?

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/tba/

New at speaking at LUGOD?  See:

  http://www.lugod.org/speak/

Thanks!

-bill!
(might need Cups of Coffee #3 and #4 sooner than I expected! :^/ )