January 6: Social gathering
2010 Jun 16 14:49

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 06/23/2010

[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 06/23/2010

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Wednesday, June 23, 2009                                      |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |6:00 - 8:00 PM                                                |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Bayshore Technology Park                                      |
   |Location:|1300 Island Drive                                             |
   |         |Redwood City, CA 94065                                        |
   |         |Suite 106 - Training Room                                     |
   |---------+--------------------------------------------------------------|
   |         |Facebook:                                                     |
   |RSVP:    |http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124687507562770         |
   |         |or mail rsvp@penlug.org                                       |

   Note we are now meeting on Wednesdays! Since March 2010, we moved to the
   fourth Wednesday of each month (except in November and December, when we
   will meet on the second Wednesday to avoid holiday conflicts). The meeting
   is hosted by NewlineNoosh. There is no sponsor for food/drinks, so please
   bring a potluck item to share.

   Agenda:

     * 6:00 PM Potluck snacks
     * 6:15 PM Free book giveaways or other prizes
     * 6:30 PM Presentation begins
     * 8:00 PM Meeting ends

  Essential IPv6 for the Linux Systems Administrator

   Owen will discuss the basics of IPv6, the current state of IPv4, the rapid
   reduction in IPv4 address space and what it means to you. He will also
   cover IPv6 Addressing methods including SLAAC, DHCP, Static and Privacy
   issues. Did you know all Windows 7, Vista, and 2008 Servers are running v6
   on your network and tunneling with Teredo? Also covered will be Linux
   addressing specifics and IPv6 configuration without a native v6 backbone
   available to you. For more information you can visit HE IPv6 Tunnel Broker
   or Hurricane Electric. See you there!

  Owen DeLong, Hurricane Electric

   Owen DeLong is an IPv6 Evangelist for Hurricane Electric, the leading IPv6
   ready Internet Service Provider. He*s also an elected member of the ARIN
   Advisory Council and a senior backbone engineer with more than 25 years of
   industry experience. In his spare time, he*s a commercial pilot and
   teaches SCUBA diving and CPR/First Aid courses. Owen can be reached at
   owen at delong dot com.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp@penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members@penlug.org
	announce@penlug.org
	sf-lug@linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk@lists.balug.org
	svlug@lists.svlug.org
	svevents@yahoogroups.com
	vox@lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.