2010 May 17 09:55

[vox] [fwd] Apress.com - Open Source User Group Promotion

Enjoy!

----- Forwarded message from Apress <newsletters@apress.com> -----

Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:59:48 -0700
From: "Apress" <newsletters@apress.com>
Subject: Apress.com - Open Source User Group Promotion
To: root@lugod.org

Greetings Apress User Groups,

We are running a special promotion for our Open Source User
Groups this week! We are pleased to offer a 50% discount for the
following eBook: Crafting Digital Media: Audacity, Blender,
Drupal, GIMP, Scribus, and other Open Source Tools by Daniel
James.

This is a book for anyone using Linux who wants to be creative
employing the tools Linux has to offer them. It is for Linux
artists who want to make their tools serve their creative goals,
while not having to worry about the money to pay for those tools.
It is a book for anyone who wants to be a part of the creative
community in Linux. The book has been well received by our
reviewers and now we are offering you and your fellow User Group
members a chance to purchase the eBook at the discounted price of
$14.00.

About Our Title:

Crafting Digital Media: Audacity, Blender, Drupal, GIMP, Scribus,
and other Open Source Tools

by Daniel James | ISBN-13: 978-1-4302-1887-6| Published Dec 2009
| 450pp.
http://apress.com/book/view/1430218878

What You'll Learn:

    * Install and configure Ubuntu GNU/Linux for creative
      applications.

    * Get productive with Ardour, Audacity, Avidemux, Blender,
      FontForge, the GIMP, Hydrogen, Inkscape, Mixxx, Scribus,
      Synfig and other tools.

    * Chain these applications together and make them serve your
      creative vision.

    * Find and install the applications cross-platform, if you
      want to reach out beyond GNU/Linux.

    * Share your creative works with the world using Drupal Web
      2.0 technology and Icecast media streaming.

    * Locate and engage with software and project hosting
      communities, to connect with other creators.

Discount code: MAYOSEBOOKPROMO

*This promotion is set on a first come first served basis and
will be offered only to the first 100 users.*

The discount code can be applied at the eBook checkout page.

Feel free to spread the word!

Best regards,
Simon

***

Apress, 233 Spring Street, New York, NY 10013, USA

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer