2010 May 12 10:15

[vox] OLPC-SF May meeting: Afghanistan and Nepal

[vox] OLPC-SF May meeting: Afghanistan and Nepal

Also posted at http://tinyurl.com/olpc-sf

We will meet at SFSU Downtown Center from 10 am to 2pm on May 15.
Carol Ruth Silver, who recently returned from Afghanistan and Nepal,
will talk about the deployments there. We'll also do the usual event
updates with new builds for XO-1, progress with XO 1.5 and school
server hardware progress.

What: OLPC-SF May 2010 meeting

OLPC-SF will meet on May 15, 2010. Items on the agenda:

    * Meet and greet - 10:00 am to 10:30 am
    * Carol Ruth Silver: OLPC Afghanistan and Nepal deployments -
10:30 am to 11:30 am
    * XO updates - 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
    * Other updates/discussions - 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm

        * OLPC Realness event.
        * XO 1.5 effort.
        * Fedora 11 on XO-1.
        * School server and content libraries.
        * Sugar on a Stick v3 - Mirabelle.

When: Saturday, May 15, 2010.

    * 10 am to 2 pm

Where: Room 553, SF State Downtown campus (835 Market St., San
Francisco,CA, 94103). Note that this location is NOT the main campus.
This is the same building as the new Westfield mall that houses
Bloomingdale's. Look for the SFSU banner on Market St. between 4th and
5th streets, right next to Walgreens. Take the elevator to the 5th
floor.

    *      By car:
http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/car.html
    *      By Muni:
http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/muni.html
    *      By BART:
http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/bart.html

A huge thank you to San Francisco State University's College of
Business Graduate Program for letting us use a room on Saturdays.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems