2010 May 03 15:31

[vox] [fwd] GWOS, BitNami, Zenoss, New Relic,OpsCode and rPath invite your organizations to participate inOpsCAMP SF [May 15th]

Seen on SF-LUG:

----- Forwarded message from jim -----

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:49:29 -0700
From: jim
Subject: [sf-lug] GWOS, BitNami, Zenoss, New Relic, OpsCode and rPath
         invite your organizations to participate in OpsCAMP SF

Greetings,

IT Ops has undergone so much change due to the advancement in technology
and also the reduction in resources --- where we've all been faced to do
so much more with so much less.  Our companies have organized a San
Francisco event -- OpsCAMP SF ( http://opscamp-sf-2010.eventbrite.com/)
which is free for anyone to attend.  OpsCAMP SF takes place on Saturday,
May 15 from 9am to 5pm.

The purpose of this un-conference is to get system admins, developer and
operations managers together and talk about hot topics that affect our
day-to-day jobs.  These OpsCAMPs have taken place in Boston and Austin,
and have been very successful based on networking and problem/ solution
sharing.

It's a free to attend event, and will be capped at 200 participants.
 All participants must register ahead of time -- preferably by May 12th
so we can order breakfast, lunch and beverages for all who attend.

If you'd like to read a bit more of what's typically discussed -- check
out this search on twitter: http://twitter.com/#search?q=opscamp

The cool part is IF you attend, you can influence the topics discussed
by proposing, hosting or provoking discussions.  It's really fun.
You'll meet some great characters in the space outside of myself -- Mark
Hinkle will be there, Dave Nielsen, Erica Bresca, Botchagalupe, and
hopefully you as well.

If you are UNABLE to attend, we will certainly miss you. You can further
assist this cause by promoting this event within your network -- by a
simple tweet or email with the registration URL to those who'd find this
interesting.

Here's a snip if you'd prefer:
May 15 SF OpsCAMP Un-conference.  IT Ops topics, networking and good
food. Free to attend. http://opscamp-sf-2010.eventbrite.com/

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,
~ Tara Spalding
--
Tara Spalding