2010 Apr 10 15:53

Re: [vox] Ruby gives you sharp knives (fwd)

2010/4/11 Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com>:

> It think that Domain Specific Languages will be the future, but I
> admit I have never tried Rails. I will have to try it.

Rails has been a really good learning experience for me over the past
few years, but with Rails 3 it's suffering from severe Second System
Effect, and is really just turning into the Ruby version of JBoss,
trying to be all things to all people.  Admittedly, it's still in
beta, and 3 is a big refactoring, but it's left me with a very bad
mouth-taste.

It's still a really fast way to build CRUD webapps with REST APIs, but
if you need more control than that, check out Sinatra.