2010 Apr 05 17:39

[vox] [fwd] Sat Apr 3 [BerkeleyTIP] Meeting is on for today12N-3PPacific [@ UCB and online]

FYI

----- Forwarded message from giovanni_re -----

Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 00:30:44 -0700
From: "giovanni_re"
Subject: [BerkTIPGlobal] Sat Apr 3 Meeting is on for today12N-3P Pacific

Online via VOIP (& irc.freenode.net), & at the Free Speech Cafe UCB.

Things to talk about:
1) Arrangements for getting a live speaker for next month.  Technical & social: Technology to transmit voice: do streaming?? justin.tv? icecast? gstreamer?  Also, who?
2) Free culture. - Matt Senate, leader of the Free Culture group at UCB, & I, made a BTIP/FreeCulture announcement in CS61a today.  So, that was a step forward for the announcement. & helps spread awareness of the Free Culture aspect of BTIP, & FC.  So, what other things should we plan to do FC wise?
3) Ubuntu 10.04 out soon - what's to be aware of?

What do _you_ want to talk about?

[Another month I've been too busy to get the BTIP announcements to mailing lists before the first meeting of the month. :(  At least I got this out to the BTIP list.  I'll probably also send a copy of this to the CSUA list.  Maybe IEEE.]

I hope to see you there, or talk with you online. :)

--
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer