2010 Mar 17 12:00

[vox] [fwd] OSFA Business: Greetings from San Francisco and OSBC

A note from "Open Source for America" (OSFA), which is at the
"Open Source Business Conference" (OSBC) that's taking place
in San Francisco tomorrow and Thursday:

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:25:26 -0700
Subject: [OSA-Announce] OSFA Business: Greetings from San Francisco and OSBC

   Greetings from San Francisco and OSBC,
   We wanted to reach out to our Northern California members and others who
   have registered to attend OSBC 2010 and let you know that Open Source for
   America will be participating in the event (thank you Red Hat for sharing
   space with us), as well as leading a Birds of a Feather session during the
   luncheon showcase on Wednesday 17 March from 12:30-2:00pm PT. Our featured
   speakers include Rishab Ghosh and Bill Vass.
   If you have time, please come by and introduce yourselves and meet others
   from OSFA.
   Where: Open Source Business Conference
              The Palace Hotel, San Francisco
              For more information visit: OSBC

 Lunch: Visit the Open Source Showcase - Sponsored by Zimbra

 Birds of a Feather lunch discussion topics:
 - Using dynamic languages for faster development in the enterprise hosted by ActiveState
 - Open Source Community Building, hosted by Acquia and North Bridge Venture Partners

 - Best practices for open source foundations, hosted by SAP
 - Extending Linux in the Enterprise, hosted by Oracle

 - Overcoming Challenges for Open Source Desktops, hosted by IBM
 - OSS and Microsoft: Working Together, hosted by Microsoft

 - Beyond technology at opensource.com and OSFA, hosted by Red Hat

   We are looking forward to seeing you.
   OSFA Steering Committee
   --

   Terri Molini
   (415) 480-4355

   Support the use of open source software, it could save the U.S. federal
   government billions of dollars annually.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer