2010 Mar 04 16:19

Re: [vox] Mount EXT filesystem in windoze and access /dev

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 03:58:22PM -0800, Adam Yergovich wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I have a filesystem gadget setup on my linux device and it happily mounts
>    in windoze or linux and recognizes a FAT filesystem.  I'd really like if i
>    could get write access to the /dev files from the outside world though and
>    was thinking if there was perhaps some way that i could get windows to
>    mount a ext filesystem.  Anyone have any recommendations for how i might
>    make windows and linux talk?

It's possible.  I used something once, a long time ago, to fetch all of my
music from an external drive that I had been using on Linux (hence ext2)
so I could listen to it at work (Windows XP).

It was _probably_ ext2ifs, but I forget.  Google showed me this page
when I searched for "ext2 windows", which looks to be useful:

  http://www.howtoforge.com/access-linux-partitions-from-windows

PS - is /dev on your Linux box a real filesystem, or is it devfs?
(Man, I'm getting rusty. Hopefully someone with half a brain can reply
with a more useful answer ;) )

Good luck!