2010 Feb 24 15:19

[vox] Good stuff on Dell!

Here is another Dell fan.

http://pupeno.com/blog/ibm-im-getting-a-dell/#more-340

Even Dell employees like Dells. The 2100 has an available touch screen
and a docking cart that can be used to charge the systems and apply
updates. It's lockable too! This sounds like for a great opportunity
some creative education. I bet there are some grants you could apply for
on this one!

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:46:07 -0600
From: John_Hull@<Dell Employee Email>
Subject: RE: Latitude 2100
To: linux-desktops@lists.us.dell.com,

	I use a Latitude 2100 with Ubuntu 9.10 as my corporate system
	here at Dell. The main "schoolkid" features are a rubberized
	outer skin (which is actually pretty nice), and an LED light on
	the lid that blinks when you're accessing the network (so
	that a teacher can see when kids are online). Everything works
	really well...it's probably my favorite laptop that we've
	ever sold.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"About 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't
pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going
to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and
then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

-- Bill Gates (Microsoft) 1998