2010 Feb 23 21:19

Re: [vox] The real problem with Toyota acceleration!

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:29:40PM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:

> Norm Matloff wrote:
> > When cars with ABS first came out, I refused to buy them, simply because
> > software glitches like this would be too easy to pop up.

> True.  Then again it doesn't seem terribly hard for ABS to be statistically
> safer than the chance of an ABS software error making things worse.   Alas

Are you in the Northeast somewhere, or at least the Sierras?  ABS
shouldn't be much of a help in Davis.

But even accounting for the good that ABS might do, I'd rather rely on
my own driving skills than be at the mercy of electronics that take
away my ability to control the car.

Norm